A Foundation For All Things Process: Modeling, Design and Architecture
Roger Burlton and Sasha Aganova, Process Renewal Group
This working session provides the foundation for the full range of practices from strategic to tactical Business Process Management. It is based on proven formal methods and over twenty years of practical experience of the hundreds of projects conducted by Process Renewal Group and the sage advice found by the leaders at the knowledge portal: BPTrends.com. It provides an overview and discussion of the principles, concepts and techniques required to master business processes. The seminar introduces a systematic approach for your company’s business process architecture and for modeling and redesigning specific processes within it as well as with the prioritization of capability change. It provides a solid basis for newbies and a great refresher for anyone experienced with processes, from architects, analysts, designers and change practitioners. This session establishes a sound baseline and a common language for all work management innovation and process renewal. It will tackle traditional process management and cover the differences required by a digitalized approach which requires an emphasis on data integrity from end to end. It will be delivered in a lively, interactive and enjoyable way by Roger Burlton, a process industry pioneer and thought leader and Sasha Aganova an experience process and culture change practitioner.
Attendees Will Learn:
- Why Business Processes and BPM are still essential in a world of Agile
- Core attributes of a Business Process
- Guidelines from the Business Process Manifesto and the Business Agility Manifesto developed by the presenters
- Development of a Process Architecture
- Populating a Process Scoping Canvas
- A BPM Methodology: from Architecture to Process Models
- How digitalization changes the methodology
This session will feature:
- Several working session taking a case study through the stages of a process journey
- High interaction with the facilitators
- Guidelines in assuring your business will remain Agile in conducting effective process work
- Some techniques to get the culture to change and the solutions to stick afterwards
Roger Burlton is a respected pioneer in the introduction of innovative approaches for Business Management. He is a world leader in the field of Business Process Management, having authored one of the most read and followed books on the topic early in BPM’s growth as well as the Business Process Manifesto. Roger’s leadership is also witnessed by his position as chair of several of the most influential conferences each year on BPM and Business Architecture and by his role as chair of the BPTrends.com Advisory Board. The insights he brings to PRG’s consulting clients are thoughtful and pragmatic.
Sasha Aganova brings breakthrough results to the Business Process Management arena by integrating cultural development into the methodology. She is an expert in BPM and Continuous Improvement with over 15 years’ experience in leading large scale process improvement initiatives, establishing Business Process Management best practices and developing the overall process Architecture in various business environments and industries. Sasha has helped some of the largest Canadian and international companies to evaluate and implement BPM.