A Quick Data Management Maturity Assessment Method Using the DMBOK2
Deborah Henderson, DAMA International Fellow
Data Management Maturity can be assessed with less time and money. Using the DMBOK2 is a fresh way of approaching a self-assessment. This session will walk you step by step through the method.
- DMBOK2 as an Assessment Framework – pluses and minuses
- Developing your scope
- Setting the plan
- Subjective opinions, how to handle them and why they are important
- Interpreting results; getting to an action plan
Deborah Henderson, B.Sc., MLS, PMP, CDMP Inaugural Fellow, CDP has over 30 years in data and information management, consulting to many sectors across North America, and coordinating experts across the globe in best community practices in IT.
- Program Manager, Contributing Author and Senior Editor for the global standard reference resource in Data Management DAMA-DMBOK2
- Primary author for IT Strategy and Governance for the IEEE ITBOK standard reference
- Consulted on responding and conforming to laws on data retention, data handling, and reporting strategies
- Designed and deployed Data Governance operating models and processes across diverse businesses
She is passionate about how data supports business excellence.