The Impact of Artificial Intelligence and Privacy Matters in Data Science and Business
Zacharias Voulgaris, PhD
In this talk we will cover the following topics:
- Description of A.I. and other relevant technologies
- Industries and applications benefiting the most from A.I.
- I. resources
- DS education for A.I.-related projects
- What exactly privacy is and why it can make or break a Data Science project
- The business cost of poor privacy processes
- Some standard methods for ensuring privacy
- How A.I. can impact this whole matter (negatively)
- How A.I. can be tackled with A.I. for ensuring privacy
- How GDPR and other privacy policies affect the data science field
- Some useful considerations about A.I., Privacy and DS
- Future trends in these fields
Dr. Zacharias Voulgaris was born in Athens, Greece. He studied Production Engineering and Management at the Technical University of Crete, shifted to Computer Science through a Masters in Information Systems & Technology (City University of London), and then to Data Science through a PhD on Machine Learning (University of London). He has worked at Georgia Tech as a Research Fellow, at an e-marketing startup in Cyprus as an SEO manager, and as a Data Scientist in both Elavon (USA) and G2 (USA). He also was a Program Manager at Microsoft, on a data analytics pipeline for Bing. Currently he is working at Data Science Partnership Ltd, a UK-based Data Science and A.I. company. Parallel to that, he is mentoring data science students and also doing educational videos.
Zacharias has authored five books, several scientific articles, as well as a number of videos on Data Science, A.I., and Cyber Security topics (published on the Safari educational platform). He has also reviewed a number of data science books (mainly on Python and R) and had developed a number of new metrics, heuristics and functions for data analytics. Apart from data science, he also has a passion for new technologies (e.g. IoT and Cyber Security), as well as literature, music, and videos.