Introduction to Graph Databases and Graph Data Modeling with Neo4j
Stefan Kolmar, Neo Technology
How do I start with Neo4j? What is Cypher? Are graph databases only suitable for graph-based domains like social networks? Or can I use it reasonably in enterprise projects? How do I transform my domain into a graph model?
This tutorial will answer these questions with a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions. Attendees will quickly learn how easy it is to develop a Neo4j-backed application.
- An understanding of graph databases
- How to use graph databases
- Introduction to data modeling with Graph databases
- How to apply the property graph to common modeling problems
- Common graph structures for modeling complex, connected scenarios
- How to get started working with Neo4j
After his Computer Sciences studies at the University of Stuttgart (Dipl.-Inf.), Stefan Kolmar is working now since 25 years in Field Engineering for companies such as Tandem Computers, Portal Software and TimesTen with a focus on Database Technologies. With Oracle acquiring TimesTen, Stefan was leading the Oracle EMEA ISV/OEM PreSales Team as Director Field Engineering. Since January 2015 he is with Neo Technology as Vice President Field Engineering responsible for PreSales, Consulting and Customer Success